Thursday, June 14, 2012

Oops!

I disappeared again! Darn it! : )

Life is busier than ever. It seems like every day it's a struggle to keep my head above water. I know lots of people are like this, so I'm not trying to complain, but I can't wait for life to slow down!

I survived my first round of tests this semester. They went a lot better than the first round last term. One test wasn't great but for the most part, I'm doing well. Thank goodness.

I'm loving my clinicals right now. Every Tuesday I'm on a cardiac floor and get to learn about different heart problems, tests, and treatments. Every Wednesday I'm on a Women and Infants unit and get to take care of new moms and their babies, as well as see some babies being delivered. I'm very lucky to have already seen 1 vaginal delivery and 3 c-sections. I really want to be a labor and delivery nurse so this is great experience.

I'm already almost done with the 5th week of school so that means only about 8 weeks to go! Well 9, but one of those weeks is a Summer Break so that totally doesn't count.

Work is still going good. I love where I work and who I work with but sometimes it's hard when I know I have to get up early for school the next day. But it's a great opportunity and I definitely want to stick with it.

Kids are amazing. Dominick is starting to push our buttons a LOT but he's so great it's hard to stay mad at him...He's so smart. Too smart actually. And the kid is a sponge. He remembers everything. EVERYTHING. It's kind of a pain sometimes, but mostly I'm happy he's so smart.

Annabelle is also amazing. She's no longer just walking, she's RUNNING everywhere. She can climb upstairs but not down so we definitely have to keep an eye on that one. :) She actually has her 15 month appointment today. She's getting a few shots, so hopefully she's ok tonight. I don't want her to be sick.

Nick is awesome. Just awesome. I've been doing so much with school, work, doc appointments, etc. and he just does what he needs to do. He hardly vocalizes how hard it is that he's almost always on his own with the kids. He does laundry. He does bath time. He sweeps and vacuums. He's an amazing husband. Truly amazing. I'm one lucky girl!!

I'm really going to try and keep up with life on here. I really want to be able to look back and read all of these posts but it's so hard right now. Hopefully soon I can be done with all this and look back and just smile about all this.

Not too much longer until I'm done and I graduate! :) Let's pray time flies!

No comments: