Monday, February 11, 2013

5 months old!

Time keeps on flying!

Gretchie bear, Gretch the Stretch, Gretchalina, whatever you wanna call her, she's 5 months old today!! She's so big! And she's so happy!!

We've made some changes at our house, and all for the better I think. Annabelle has moved into Dominick's room with him and while we're still adjusting to that, I think that's going to be great. It's hard getting them to go down at night since they can distract each other, but it's better because Dom gets scared being downstairs alone. Now they are both down there and he loves having her in there. She loves being in there. They are doing well with sharing toys and she's talking more I think now that they talk each other to sleep (which we're going to have to work on....).

Now that Gretchen has her own room, she's been sleeping through the night again (until the last two night, but I think that's because her cough came back), so that's good. Also, we switched her formula to the GentleEase and now she doesn't spit up anymore (or barely spits up anymore), so YAY all around for those things!

She's not doing too many more things than 4 months. She's been rolling over since 4 months so that's not new, although I may not have blogged about it. She's been doing rice cereal by spoon and doing pretty well with that. One of these days I'm going to make some baby food and get her started on some veggies, but I just haven't had the time and I'm not buying her baby food. I'll probably do that tomorrow night after my class. Start her off with some peas or carrots. Yum!

She likes to chew on things and she's begun to suck on her thumb. Annabelle and Dom both did that for about a week so we'll see if actually becomes a thumb sucker or if this is a temporary thing as well.

She's a big girl. She's been in 3-6 month clothes for awhile now and seems to get longer and longer every day. She's a great baby. I took her to her first basketball game over the weekend with Dominick and my mom and she did great. Only cried one time and that was because she was hungry. And once I started feeding her she was perfect again. And it was LOUD. I was sure she'd get upset but she never did.

Our little surprise miracle baby is just perfect! Happy 5 months to you Gretchie bear!!

No comments: