Monday, June 10, 2013

One extreme to the other

So here's the deal. I'm not that neat. I don't like things DIRTY but I can handle clutter (while Nick on the other hand can NOT handle clutter). Nick's been on me for awhile (how many years have we been married now?) to turn that around and really work on that. Easier said than done. But now I think he fixed me too well.

I spent a few days last week going nuts and cleaning around the house.

Here are some pics of the work I did:

BEFORE picture of the basement. YIKES!
AFTER of the new "Play Area" for the kids.
View over to the "adult area" of the basement.
Another view. Yay! Floor space!
BEFORE picture of my cluttered kitchen eating area.
AFTER. Yay!
Living room.
Dining Room.
Dominick and Annabelle's room (Yes, those are labels on the dressers. Dom likes to pick out his own clothes and this makes it easier for him).
View of Annabelle's crib and bookshelf.
View of floor space basically (we moved the toy rack thingy downstairs).
Dom and Annabelle's crib together. They sleep side by side now basically. 

Anyway, all those pictures were showing you the work I did and how now I'm crazy. The whole basement has to be picked up before we can go to bed. All dishes have to be done and all clutter off the countertops before bed. If Nick leaves something out, I'm quick to glare at him and then pick it up. The floor gets swept every day and the basement vacuumed every other day. I'm crazy. I'm not saying this will last forever, but I'm not sure which is worst. Someone who doesn't care about clutter, or something who is crazy and won't let you leave anything out...Poor Nick. 

Be careful what you wish for!!

No comments: