Thursday, August 30, 2012

Pool Party!

I wanted to throw my classmates a pool party send off to Term #3 and a few of my classmates wanted to throw me a baby Sprinkle so we combined them and had a lovely day yesterday!

I am so lucky to have met so many amazing people these past 8 months at Goldfarb. I know you've heard me say it a million times already but Goldfarb Accelerated Nursing Program is an intense program. INTENSE. You are getting a second Bachelor's degree in essentially 10 months. It's hard. You are taking 20 credit hours a term and you are stressed all the time. These people in the program with you become your second family. And I'm so thankful for all of them. ALL OF THEM. I've heard stories about the classes ahead of us that don't study together or help each other or care about each other. Our class is completely different. We don't want anyone to fail. We will study as late as we can to help make sure everyone gets it. If someone finishes a study guide early, they email it to everyone. We just care about each other.

I got to see that a lot over these last 8 months. I was in danger of failing first term. You need a 78% to pass each class. Not a 77.99%, a 78%. Going into the final Pharmacology test I had an 80%. Going into the final Pathophysiology test, I had a 78%. I had to do great. And I had some amazing people to study with and I passed both classes. These people are amazing. And I'm so sad to not be moving on with them. I hope the class behind us (behind them I guess and it's now my class) is just as caring.

Some of these amazing people gave me some really sweet gifts for this baby. I told everyone not to get me anything. Hello! We're not working and we all just took out at least $25,000 in debt! But some of them got stuff for me anyway. Here are a few pics of the party yesterday and some of the gifts I've gotten.

Thank you to everyone who was able to come yesterday! If you couldn't come, I COMPLETELY understand!!! I'll be up to visit soon, I promise!


 Tony firing up the grill


 Machalla and Jen sittin' pool side


 Jess getting ready to wow us with her dive skills


 My momma hanging up some balloons


 Rachel and Jess having a beer and taking a break from the water


 Some folks lounging by the pool


 The onesies that my friends decorated! So cute!!


The other gifts I got (and 3 packages of diapers that I didn't bring up yet!)


 A close up of a really cute frame that a friend got me. Nick has already decided that 
Dom's pic will go in the giraffe, Annabelle's pic in the elephant, "new baby" in the top of the ark, 
and a family pic in the bottom of the ark. I can't wait to put it in the new nursery!


 A close up of the onesie by Rachel. Can you read it?? "Holy Unexpected Baby, Batman!" and there's
a batman logo she drew on the back!


 The one on the right is one of my faves (the back says, "You should See my MOM!")


This is adorable because it's SO true!! This baby has spent it's entire time cookin' at Goldfarb! :)


Machalla, me and Jen. The awesome girls who threw most of this party together. Thanks girls!!!


I'm going to miss everyone so much! I hope I can keep in touch with everyone. Thank you again to everyone who came, and if you couldn't come, I'm going to stalk you one of these days so we can hang out one more time!!!! :)

No comments: