Monday, December 12, 2011

Time keeps on slippin, slippin, slippin...

Some updates for y'all who are still out there with me!

I honestly don't know how time is moving so fast! It seems like every day is over in the blink of an eye, no joke. I'm trying to keep up with everything, but it's just not happening.

I don't have much to tell you other than I've been super busy with work, school, kids, Christmas and orientation. I start nursing school in a few short weeks and I don't feel ready. As soon as I'm done with this semester, I'll get going onto next semester. I'm supposed to read the first 26 chapters of my pharmacology book before the semester starts...so I guess I better get going!

Kids are good except for a short bout of croup in this house. Dom had it the worst. He had to go and get steroids. They didn't want to do steroids with him, so we made it three days without them. But then his breathing got so labored we had to do it. Annabelle just started the bark on Saturday but I think we are already over the worst part with her, which is great. I didn't want to have to do anything more invasive with her, as she's already been through so much, with her allergy testing and what-not.

I just discovered pinterest today...not a good thing. I have a feeling this will monopolize more of my non-existent free time, but I do love it. I'm finding lots of good recipes and craft ideas...

This current semester is almost over. I have a final exam on Wednesday and a final exam on Thursday. Then I'm done for 1 short month...and then all hell breaks loose!

Nick is doing well except for working non-stop. Literally. Non-stop. They keep moving where he's working and changing his shifts. He's switching over to 2nd shift tomorrow night. Poor guy gets no free time and now no sleep! But he's doing what he can for us since I don't make much and I have a great respect for that. He's definitely taking care of us.

I'm almost done with Christmas shopping. I have just a few gifts left to get or take care of. I was one of the crazies who did midnight black friday shopping and it got me off on the right foot. I"m happy that there won't be any scrambling this year. We have enough going on!

I can't believe that Annabelle is 9 months old. This year has literally flown. Dominick will be 3 in a few short weeks. How in the heck did that happen!?

I got the privilege to witness a vaginal delivery last week and it was so beautiful. I got to hold the woman's leg and be up close and see the whole thing. It was amazing. Our bodies are so amazing. I still have all my clinicals to do but that night reaffirmed that I want to be a labor and delivery nurse. I loved it. We shall see!

I guess that's enough updates for now. I have to shower and get dressed and go to the grocery store and go to work tonight...I'll be off at 7:30 am and then it will be time to STUDY! Wish me luck on my finals! And I'll try to update again soon!

1 comment:

Kate Geisen said...

Ohhhh, Pinterest is dangerous. :)

And, as I'm reading backwards, way to go on your classes!