Saturday, January 28, 2012

Exhausted

I'm so tired...I hate just constantly saying it, but it's constantly on my mind. I'm exhausted. I just want to sleep ALL THE TIME. I know it's all for a good reason. I know it's all going to be worth it. But it's rough.

Every day I go to school.
Mondays from 8-2:30
Tuesdays from 8-5
Wednesdays from 8-12:30
Thursdays from 8-12:30
Fridays from 8-5

Three days a week I work.
Every Monday from 3-7:30

I work every third weekend Saturday and Sunday 7 am to 7:30 pm.
And if I don't work a weekend day, I work that Wednesday and Thursday from 1-7:30.

Did any of that make sense??

Anyway, I'm gone a lot. I'm tired a lot.

Nick is amazing through all this. He's home with the kids or dropping them off or picking them up. I've been trying to make dinner every night if I can, but sometimes it's hard. We have great team work going on right now and we have to keep that up.

I've already learned a ridiculous amount in just two weeks. This week I learned how to check blood pressure, pulse, respiration, and temperature. Just yesterday I learned how to test someone's blood sugar, how to draw blood, and how to insert a catheter. Next week I learn how to start IV's. I'm learning a TON.

I'm so thankful for this opportunity to go back to school and I'm loving my classes so far. I'm just scared. I know that it's a long way until December 15th (graduation day - And just 10 months and 16 days away, not that I'm counting) and that I have a lot of work to do in the mean time.

I hope that Nick and I can continue to be strong and work together so that I can get through this next year and do what I want to do. BE A NURSE! :)

Say some prayers. We could use them.

No comments: