Here we go:
I'm not doing so hot on this 30 x 30 thing! But I have 6 months to finish...
Here's what's left:
1) Run a half marathon - DONE!
2) Watch the Star Wars Trilogy - DONE!
3) Learn a foreign language - So I have decided on Spanish. I've bought a few books and just found out last night that my brother in law has Rosetta Stone and said I can borrow it when he's done!! I really need to learn Spanish because in the last few weeks I've had a few Spanish only speaking patients. I know a lot of the basics now with medical words. I've learned pain and eat, drink, etc. but I have a LONG way to go. But I'm working on it. As long as I'm working on it before I'm 30 I'm going to count it.
4) Have 2 of my 4 children - DONE!
5) Take up golf - This is going to be hard now that it's freezing, but we'll continue to work on it.
6) Write a short story - In progress...
7) Complete an indoor triathlon - DONE!
8) Watch Gone with the Wind - DONE!
9) Watch the Godfather - DONE!
10) Play in a poker tournament at a casino - I talked to my brother in law last night about this one. We might go to a casino soon so hopefully I can knock this off my list. :)
11) Decorate the kids rooms - This will be done around Christmas! We decided to get the kids bunk beds for Christmas so when we pull everything out to do that, I'm going to paint and get some stuff for the walls.
12) Shoot a gun - DONE! I went to a shooting course with my neighbor Jeff. I wasn't any good at it. At all honestly. But I shot a gun and can cross it off my list. And I don't need to do it again. :)
13) Go back to school - DONE!
14) Learn to drive a stick shift - Must do...
15) Learn to french braid hair - DONE!
16) Get into cooking - We are sticking to our budget and cooking at home so this is happening. Not done yet because we aren't consistent enough but it's beginning to become consistent. We'll call this "in progress".
17) Finish entertainment center - DONE!
18) Register to vote in St. Louis City - DONE!
19) Consistently dedicate one night a month to a date night - Tonight we're going on a double date with my sister...we'll count this for November...
20) Start a savings account - DONE! I've had a savings account with little money in it but now Nick's name is on the account and we're going to start having a portion of Nick's paycheck go to this. So it's starting small, but hey, it's starting. And I'm counting it.
21) Make my own recipe - yeah, I've been slacking on this. Will work on it...
22) Go back to Signature Room in Chicago - Maybe for my 30th??
23) Go on a family vacation with my whole family - This is still the case: We have this one planned!!! Unfortunately it's planned for a few months after I turn 30, but it's before I'm thirty one so I'm counting it.
24) Start college funds for the kids - Ok, yeah must do...
25) Consistently have a clean house -Just got done scrubbing the kitchen and doing all the dishes after breakfast. I'm definitely better at this. Just have to keep it up.
26) Get into exercising 3x a week - Thinking of canceling weight watchers and joining a gym. I'm so used to being up at night now that it's hard for me to ever get out. I don't want to go running at midnight outside and I have Gretchen with me every day at home. If I joined a gym I could use their babysitting or go at night if I join a 24 hour gym. So that's my plan.
27) Reach my goal weight -Weight watchers isn't working for me this time. I'm addicting to food and wasting $42.95 a month. So I'm canceling weight watchers. And like 26 said, I'm thinking of joining a gym. That will help. So will eating at home. So I think this one is doable.
28) Finish my brewery quest - 1/3 of the way there. 5 down, 10 to go. I can do it!!!!
29) Read the Lord of the Rings trilogy - This one might not be done before I turn 30 but if I get one down or at least am getting into it before 30, I'll count it...
30) Become a nurse!! - DONE DONE DONE!!!
13 done, 8 in progress and 9 to get started/done. We're getting closer. :) As always I'll keep you posted. 47 days to go!