Sunday, October 28, 2012

Grammie's Birthday

We had my Grammie's 86th birthday party yesterday at my Aunt Jane's house in Hermann. I love her house. It's on a ton of land and it's so cute. It's like a country house out of a magazine. My Uncle Don designed the house and it's just perfect.

After going to this party, I was again reminded as to how bad my Grammie is getting. As soon as I got there, I went over to her and told her happy birthday. I had Dominick tell her happy birthday and I sat with her for a bit. I gave her Gretchen's birth announcement and her baptism invitation. She asked when the invite was and I told her and after about 15 minutes, I got up and went to help in the kitchen. While we were getting ready to eat, Grammie looked at Nick and said, "I guess Meghan had to work today since she's not here?". It's just hard. Hard to watch, hard to hear, just hard all over.

But the kids had a blast and I think my Grammie did too. My sister came, which was a surprise to me, and it was great for Dom. The kids were running all over the yard and just having a ball. I brought candy and all the kids got some Kit Kats and everything worked out perfectly.

I made an easy pasta salad recipe that was really good if anyone is interested.

Pesto Pasta Salad

1 box rotini pasta
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1- 7oz container of prepared pesto
1 cup toasted pine nuts

You just cook the pasta, drain it, rinse with cold water and drain again. In a separate bowl, whisk together the pesto, oil and vinegar. Pour the pesto mixture over the pasta. Top with the tomatoes and pine nuts. Toss to coat the pasta. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Yum!

No comments: