Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The night before...

So tomorrow is when my scheduled c-section was supposed to be. it's kind of crazy to think about what I would have been doing.

I would have been double checking my hospital bag to make sure I have everything. I would have been charging my camera. I would have been making sure we had arrangements for people to pick up Dom and Annabelle from school and daycare. I would have been enjoying one last meal (complete with ice cream) before having to stop eating and drinking before the surgery. I would have been soaking up the last few minutes of being a family of 4 before turning into a family of 5.

Instead, I'm chasing around an almost 4 year old and 1 1/2 year old. I'm cleaning up after making dinner. I'm folding laundry. I'm watching the baseball game and getting ready to watch the debate.

But best of all, I'm looking at a beautiful 3 week old sleeping in her pack n play.

Today isn't what I was planning on it to be. But sometimes messed up plans turn out to be amazing.

I'm so happy that Gretchen is already here and so happy to be our family of 5.

What an amazing night.

Oh and GO BIRDS! :)

No comments: