Wednesday, December 16, 2009

First Half of Vacation

The baby is asleep, the boys are out drinking, so I thought I'd check in.

The first half of vacation has been great. No pictures yet, but I'll get them up early next week. Let's see if I can write everything down so I don't miss any of Dommie's first vacation.

Saturday - We got off to an early start. Luckily my parents kept Dom overnight so we didn't have to worry about him. We drove to Florissant and then my Mom dropped me, Nick, Dom and Ben off at the airport. Mike met us there.

Checking in to the flight was good. The check in lady got me and Nick bulk head seats so we had extra leg room and Ben an exit row, so that was great. The flight was ok. Pretty bumpy honestly and Dom didn't like it. He wanted to be down so badly. He slept for all of ten minutes in Nick's lap and then was pretty fussy the rest of the way. I felt really bad! But we all made it to Orlando in one piece.

We got our luggage and got in a cab. It was about a 20 minute drive to our hotel. And it is GORGEOUS! Nick and I bought a revolving time share and we used our "points" to stay here. It's beautiful. It is another company of time shares. If we promised to sit through their 90 minute presentation, then we got really cheap tickets to Disney, so we did. But that wasn't until Sunday...now I'm getting ahead of myself.

We couldn't check in yet so we went to the bar and grill. We ordered some food, some beers and settled in. Luckily Dom took a nap so we could all relax a bit. We stayed at the bar until 4. Then we got our room.

Our room is a 2 bedroom, 2 story villa. We have a full kitchen, a laundry room, a loft with basically a 3rd bedroom, a deck and a BBQ pit. It's so great. Nick and I have the master on the 1st floor. Mike has the bedroom on the second floor and Ben has the loft. It's working out really well. We got a crib put in our room for Dom. At first I was afraid of sleeping with him in the room but it's worked out fine so far.

Ok, on to Sunday. Sunday was the presentation. It was LONG. And they kept sending new people to try and sell us another time share. We were strong though. We held our ground! We left with nothing but a ticket for cheap Disney tickets! Go us!

The rest of the day we spent at the pool. Dommie LOVED the pool. So did Nick. In fact, he was so excited to get into the pool that he forgot he had my phone in his pocket. He jumped in and was in the pool for a good 5 minutes before realizing it too! But that's another story. We played in the pool for a long time and Dommie couldn't handle it anymore. We had to call it a night. That was Sunday.

Monday. We went to Epcot Center. This was a crazy day. Mike, Ben and I decided to drink a drink in EVERY "country" that Epcot has. So we started with Margaritas in "Mexico". Then we got beers in "Norway". Then more beers in "China". And even more beers in "Germany". And FYI, these aren't bottles of beer. They are 20 ounce draft beers. Then we got more beer in "Italy". We skipped "America". We've had Bud Light, so we moved on. We doubled up in "Japan" and got beer and sake. And lastly we got some beer in "Morocco". And then we had to call it a night. We missed France, United Kingdom, and Canada. We only rode one ride, the "Test Track", but it was a good one. We had fun. And Dommie was a good boy during the whole day.

That night we ordered fast food in (cuz you can totally do that at our resort!) and crashed.

Tuesday. It started off like a lazy day. I made us breakfast which I've done every morning, but I don't mind. I love it actually. I can't wait to cook and make meals for a big family! Then Mike and I went to the gym to work out. I've been cheating BIG ime on my diet so I needed to get some kind of workout in. Then we decided to go to the Blizzard Beach water park. It was AWESOME. Seriously. And I kind of hate water parks! It's set up like a ski resort and so much fun. I only did a few slides but they were great. We took Dommie on a slide kind of like Thunder River but only in that you are in a big raft. You sit on the ground and go down a big slide. Dominick was "just" big enough for it and we thought he might like it...we were WRONG! He hated it!! He screamed the whole time and climbed up on me so fast that I had to hold him in my lap and he screamed bloody murder the whole time down. I felt like the worst mom ever...we stuck to the kid section of the park from then on!

That night we BBQ'd and watched "The Hangover" on DVD. Hilarious! Then we called it a night.

Wednesday - Today. Today was quite the adventure for me and Mike. We decided to go to a Sprint Store and get me a new phone. Well it took 3 different Sprint Stores and a toll road but we finally got one that listened. The first time we went, the phone actually worked. Perfectly. So they told me I was crazy and sent me on my way. But right after we left, of course, the phone quit working. So we tried a different Sprint store, only to find that the first one we went to was the only one that does repairs. Oh and I forgot to mention that the first Sprint store we attempted to go to didn't exist and we were sent to a new one. So I guess technically we went to 4 Sprint Stores.

After going back to the one store, I was ticked. We had been gone for over 3 hours and I just wanted a phone. I barely told the guy what happened when he ran off to get me a new phone, free of charge. They didn't have my phone in stock, but they ordered me one and it is being shipped to Mike's as we speak. I can activate it over the phone Monday. And oddly enough, in the mean time, mine is now working like a charm. Weird.

Tonight we went to Zimmie's. A bar and grill here on our resort. It was karaoke night. We didn't sing but we listened to a bunch of people. Then Mike got brought up on stage to sound like a pirate and he basically got booed off the stage. It was hilarious. I have pictures. Don't worry!

And here I am. Sitting on the couch with the boys still drinking at karaoke and my baby asleep in the other room.

We are going to Magic Kingdom tomorrow and to the outlet malls on Friday. And then back to the Lou on Saturday.

It's been a great vacation so far. I can't wait to ride some rides tomorrow with Dommie! I'll take a TON of pictures tomorrow at Magic Kingdom.

Until next week! Have a great rest of the week!!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Ive only read 1/2 so far. Probably bc I got so jealous at the beer in every country part, HOW FUN!
Glad you are having fun, call me when you get back and get a phone ;)

Les said...

Sounds like you are having a GREAT vacation!! I was jealous of the beers in every country part too! Can't wait to see pictures!