Friday, December 18, 2009

Next Few Days

Vacation is coming to an end. It really has been an amazing first family vacation. I've enjoyed every minute of it. Here's how the last few days have been.

Thursday - Magic Kingdom. It was GREAT! We did so much. We did a bunch of the "must do" rides. We started off on Splash Mountain which was a lot of fun. I had no idea how long the ride was before we got on it, but it goes through a whole story during the ride of the "Brer Rabbit". We had fun and, of course, got wet.

After Splash Mountain we moved on to the Pirates of the Caribbean. That was cool too even though it wasn't a roller coaster type ride, it was still cool. It was amazing to see how life like the statues were. Jack Sparrow looked exactly like Johnny Depp.

We then went to the Swiss Family Tree House, which isn't a ride at all. You just walk through the tree house, but I really enjoyed that. I loved that movie as a kid and walking through the tree house was pretty cool.

Then we wandered into "Tommorowland" to get fast passes for Space Mountain. The wait if you just got in line was a 40 minute wait and we didn't want to wait that long so we got the passes and went to the show "Monster's Inc Laugh Floor". That was actually really funny! It was an interactive comedy show.

After lunch we went to do some rides with Dommie. He apparently is NOT a thrill seeker! We started on the tea cups. He did ok but had to climb up into my arms to handle it. Next was Dumbo. He did not like that ride either. It went a little too fast for his taste. After Dumbo we got on "It's a Small World". Dommie LOVED this one. He was so fascinated by all the people and singing.

When we got off the ride we had to run back to Space Mountain to make it in time before our fast passes weren't good anymore. That was a good ride too. It was pitch black and had a lot of twists and turns. I liked it a lot.

After Space Mountain, we were pretty tired. We did a little shopping and then called it a night. Dommie was done and to be honest, so was I!

It was a great night though. After we put Dommie to bed, Ben and Mike stayed in with him and Nick and I went out to eat just the two of us. That was nice. A mini date night while on vacation. We went to the Black Angus Steak House. Delicious.

The boys were crazy and went to see Avatar at midnight. I slept. But they said it was awesome. They went to a theater on Universal Studios property and the theater was like the OmniMax and the whole movie was in 3-D. I will admit I'm slightly jealous. But I enjoyed my sleep too!

Friday - SHOPPING! It was a rainy rainy day so we hit up the outlets. Actually first we went to DownTown Disney, then we hit the outlets. I won't describe everything we got, but we did get some good deals. And I finally bought a second pair of jeans!! I now own TWO pairs of jeans! :)

Tonight for dinner we went to Planet Hollywood. Food was good and it was neat to see the memorabilia. I also had a fantastic Margarita!

The BEST part of today will be on the next post. It deserves a whole post of it's own. ;-)

It's so sad that vacation is almost over. I loved our first family vacation. Hopefully the next BIG vacation we do, we have more to our family. But don't think that means anything. We're hoping to do another BIG vacation in about 4 years!

No comments: