Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Demolition has begun...

We started the construction on our house on Friday...

For those of you who don't know, Nick and I have wanted a bigger, newer kitchen for awhile. We live in a South City home and love it but it's old and very dated. The kitchen has ZERO counter space. So we decided to take a drastic step to improving our kitchen. We knocked down the wall between the existing kitchen and a guest bedroom to make a big eat in kitchen.

I'm very excited about this, but nervous at the same time. I'm nervous because we are hosting Dominick's birthday at our house...Not this weekend, but the next weekend. Not a lot of time to get this done!

On Friday, we had our family friend and AMAZING carpenter, Roger, come to build our entertainment center and help with wall construction. We got a lot done on Friday and over the weekend. Here are some pictures of the work:















Today, while I've been at work, Nick and Roger tore the studs out of the wall and re-enforced the wall with a wood beam to make sure our house doesn't fall down! I can't wait to get home and see how it looks! Although I'm not so excited about getting home and having to CLEAN all the mess!

I'll post more pictures tomorrow if I can!

No comments: