Thursday, January 21, 2010

Dominick is lookin' good

Sorry I didn't update until today. I was waiting to see how the night went.

Dominick did much better after being at my parent's house for a bit. The morning was rough but then he calmed down and ended up having a lot of fun.

My mom dropped him off at my house around 5 and he was great. Happy and playing. Not even a bump on the back of his head.

We went out to dinner with a friend of ours, Pete, for his birthday (in between letting coats of paint dry - still working hard on that kitchen!) and Dommie was great at dinner too. He started getting restless at the end, but he's only 1...and technically not even 1 yet! We have 2 more days!

Last night was a little rough, but still, he's fine.

I put him down at 9. He cried himself to sleep (like 5 minutes of that whining cry - which is normal for him) and I went to bed about 11:45. I woke him up then, per the doctor's instructions) and he woke up and rolled over. So yay! That was good.

I went to bed, set an alarm for 3:30 am and fell asleep.

Woke up at 3:30 and went into his room. As I was reaching down to wake him up, he took a deep sigh and rolled over. So I crept back out of his room and went back to sleep. That lasted until 4 am. He woke up screaming. Nick went in and gave him his binky. Nothing. Finally I asked Nick to make a bottle. I went in, picked Dommie up (after all, he had a hard day) and rocked him back to a calm. We gave him a bottle and put him back down.

Then he slept until I woke him up at 8:00!! He's supposed to be my fail safe alarm waking me up by 7am. Well he didn't do a good job this morning and I overslept slightly. Oops. But the important thing is my baby is fine. Happy and Healthy!

No comments: