Thursday, January 28, 2010

Dominick's Birthday Parties!

Yes, you read that right. PartIES. Dominick had two for his first birthday. We wanted to have friends over as well as family but realized that even with the new kitchen, we couldn't hold that many people. So we broke it up over 2 days.

Saturday, January 23, 2010 - Dominick's actual birthday

We had the families over for this party. Unfortunately my Mom and Dad were both sick so they couldn't make it. Since I had been sick, my 83 year old Grandma decided not to risk getting sick (and I really don't blame her). So we had Nick's family over and my sister, along with my work "family" and Dominick's day care lady, Ms. Stella. It was a good turnout. We had some yummy food. I made broccoli/cauliflower salad and had a spread of meats and cheeses to make sandwiches. I got help from my mom (salad), my sister (fruit salad) and my work mother, Diane (potato salad) and we ordered a cake for Dommie.

I think everything turned out great! We had plenty of room to hang out. The kiddos all played together and I think everyone had a great time. Dominick got some GREAT presents, including some new clothes, a new wagon, a drum with some toys, books, trucks, and I can't even tell you what else!

He also LOVED his cake. He literally dug right in. I gave him a piece and then ran the other side of the table to take his picture and he was already eating the icing! He got pretty messy but loved it.

All in all it was a great birthday. Here's a few pictures:







So Saturday was a success. Sunday was another party and also a success. We made enough food (or bought enough) to have the same thing on Sunday. So that's what we did!

We had a shorter party on Sunday. I had told friends, no gifts, so that eliminated a big chunk of the party. I didn't want to open the few gifts we did get, because I didn't want anyone to feel awkward if they didn't give Dom one. But we got some good ones and had a good time.

All in all, I can't believe my baby is ONE and his first party was perfect!

No comments: