Monday, October 31, 2011

Dominick

I just read this about Dom's age:



Hello, Meghan!


Numbers Game

If your child can count to ten or higher already, is he a budding genius? Well, he certainly has a good working memory. Two-year-olds are just beginning to gain an understanding of numbers; they often learn to count by reciting the names of numbers from memory long before they understand the relative quantity of three or nine. Basically they start knowing the difference between "one" and "anything more than one." But hey, it's an important start!

I kind of find that funny because Dom can count to, understand and identify 1-20. He can count to 10 in Spanish. I didn't know that was something that most kids don't learn until now.

Not that I think Dom is super gifted or anything. I know all kids are different. We're still waiting on Dom to learn and enjoy the potty (any suggestions would be helpful!). But I'm proud that he has a good memory and is doing well in that department!

Go Dom! :)

No comments: