Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Dominick's One Month Check-up

We went to the pediatrician today and learned a few things about Dom.

1) He has grown to 10 lbs. 4 ozs. so he is a big boy already! He is in the 75th percentile for weight.

2) He has also grown to 22 1/2" long and is in the 75th percentile for height.

3) He does NOT like shots. :-(

This is going to be a contradiction to my "reflection" post. Dominick had to get his 2nd Hep B vaccine today. The nurse told me I could either hold him or lay him down for the shot. I opted to lay him down out of fear that he'd squirm when getting the shot and make it difficult for me to hold him. I tried to get as close to him as possible while he got the shot. When she stuck the needle in, his face contorted with fear and he let out one of those horrible horrible cries. The kind where he couldn't catch his breath and didn't make any noise at all for a minute. Then it was so loud and clearly he was in pain. It completely broke my heart. I got tears in my eyes and as soon as I could I picked him up again. Sweet baby boy. I love him so much.

Our next appointment is April 10. He is due for a whole bunch of shots. I might try to see if Nick can come with me because I don't know if I can watch that again.

My little angel. So big already! One month old. My goodness it's scary how time flies...

No comments: