Monday, February 9, 2009

Our first outing alone...

Well we did it...already...we went out without Dominick.

It wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be but it was still hard. My friend Jamie had invited me to see a movie yesterday. We were going to see "He's just not that into you" or "She's just not that into you" I can't remember which. Somebody is not into someone else, basically! Well I really really wanted to see that. When I told Nick, he said that he wouldn't mind getting out of the house too. So since Jamie lives in St. Peter's, we decided to drop the baby off at Grandma and Grandpa's in Florissant and go to the movies at the Mills.

I was able to get to my parents house without thinking about it too much. We got there. I fed him and we left to go to the movies. I was fine until we got to the movies and Nick kept saying, "Where's Dom?" and making me feel awful about leaving him! But the movie was excellent and we headed back to my parents and everything was fine.

When we got to my parents house it did start to hit me. I literally ran inside to see him. And my mom was holding him and I made her give him up immediately! But he did good. And he took a bottle! We were afraid he wouldn't take it, but he did! So that's good news. And bad news for Nick. Now he can help with the middle of the night feedings! (Just kidding...he goes back to work tomorrow so I won't make him do that).

Well that's it for now. Nick took Dom over to Nani's house a few hours ago so I'm headed over there now to see my baby boy again. I'll try to update again soon.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Luke and I saw that movie on date night last tuesday I liked it too... good for you for not making nick get up when he has to go to work :)

Love you, hope to see you soon, thursday maybe :)