Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Back to Limping

I feel like a horrible mother. HORRIBLE.

This morning when I got Dominick up, he was walking funny. Like his leg was asleep or something. We struggled up the stairs. But he came up to my room and sat on my bed. I turned on a Dora for him (on our new fancy computer :) ) and then I went to feed Annabelle. He stayed in my room watching and was having fun. Then I came in after feeding Anna and got him dressed. He was being perfect.

After he was dressed, I took Anna downstairs and asked him to follow me. He wouldn't. I brought her downstairs and got her in the pumpkin seat and ready to go. I called up to him to come down. No answer.

Now Dominick is one who LOVES attention. He would refuse to come up JUST to have me come up and get him. So I called to him again. No answer.

I called up to him and said, "If I have to come up there you are in trouble mister!". That is a completely empty threat coming from me, but he usually listens. Nothing.

So I went upstairs, kind of miffed because I was sure he was just wanting attention. When I got up there he was sitting on the bed smiling. I took his binky, another way to usually get him to listen and he just started crying. I went into the bathroom and when I came back he was standing next to the bed. I grabbed his hand and pulled him toward the stairs. He fell to his knees.

He does this sometimes too, just to be dramatic. So I picked him up and carried him downstairs. When we got to the bottom of the stairs he was crying for his binky. We've been having a hard time letting go of the binky so I told him that he doesn't get it when he doesn't listen. I got up and starting walking to the door.

He took a step and fell again.

Now I was worried. I sat down and asked him what was wrong and he pointed to his leg and said "It hurts!" and he cried. Well that's not good!

So we checked his feet and pulled his shoes off and re put them on. Everything seemed fine but he won't walk. We go outside and there are three city forestry trucks out front cutting down a tree directly across the street. I said, "Dommie! Look at the trucks!" and then he started walking fine.

However, once we got to daycare, he started limping again and it's only gotten worse. I'm waiting for a call back from the doc to try and get him in to see what's wrong but I can't help but feel horrible! He does a lot of faking around here, especially since Annabelle came into our lives, but he could really be hurt now!

I'm still waiting for a call back to get him in but in the meantime, say some prayers that he's ok...poor guy!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh no! I hope he's okay. That's got to be so frustrating and nerve-racking.