Thursday, April 21, 2011

Bridesmaid Dress and a Goal!

So I ordered my bridesmaid dress for Jim and Leslie's wedding! And I'm really excited about it!

Leslie decided to pick a "separates" dress from Davids Bridal. So we will all wear the same skirt and then each bridesmaid can pick their own top of three that Leslie pre-picked out. So I went with my mom to try them all on and see what I liked.

It was tough since I only had a baby a few weeks ago and have NO idea what shape my body will be in come September, but I think I'll be ok.

Here is the Top that I picked for myself. It will be blue and I love it. I often feel very uncomfortable in bridesmaid dresses because I happen to have a larger chest. I don't like strapless, I don't like halters. I just feel very fat and ugly in those styles and I really think I'll LOVE the look of this one. It will keep me covered up and still feel pretty. I'm excited!

And here is the Bottom that we are all wearing. It's a simple long skirt. I think everyone will look very nice and I love the idea that we get to pick out what we want, yet still match in a way.

My friend Michelle let us pick out our own dress for her wedding too and I just love it. I actually tried to do this idea with my bridesmaids. I picked out three dresses that they could pick and they all picked the same one! Haha, oh well!

So the dress is ordered...

That being done, now I have to get my butt in gear and start working out and getting closer to my goal weight!! I have a number in mind, now I just have to reach it.

I'm going to go to the Y soon and start working out and looking into a personal trainer. I would LOVE to work with a personal trainer. I think it will make me work out harder and lose weight quicker and teach me the skills I need to keep it off.

Here's to hoping that will all happen!

Wish me luck!

No comments: