Thursday, April 21, 2011

Dommie is still struggling...and other Dom updates


It's still hard. Dominick REFUSES to listen. If we ask him to come here, he runs the other way. If we ask him to be quiet while AJ is sleeping or while we're on the phone, he starts screaming louder. He's stuck in this constant "opposite game" and it's tough. But we're managing.

He's been continuing to test us recently but I think the end is in sight. It's just to me and Nick. He LOVES his "sissy", as he calls her. He always wants to hold her and if I'm giving her a bottle (which is rarely as I'm still nursing), he insists on giving it to her. He's a great big brother. He's just a troublesome son right now. :) Which I know is completely normal. So we're just waiting it out.

On the other hand, he's doing and saying things that amaze us every day. Where does he learn some of these words?? We're never taught him them. I guess he's just picking them up.

Like for instance, last night we were driving. While we drive, Dom likes to play the "I spy" game, even though we don't call it that.

So he said, "I see a truck" and I said, "I see a tree" and he said, "I see a building" and I said, "I see a sign". Then he said, "I see a bus"...there were no buses around, so I said, "Really? I don't see a bus" and he replied, "Yeah, I don't see a bus either".

I was pretty impressed with his accurate use of the word, "either". We never taught him that. And that's a full sentence. I guess he just picks that up.

He knows WAY too many words to list, but believe me, this kid is SMART.

He can count to 15 in English.
He can count to 10 in Spanish (on his own).
He can count to 10 in Greek (with some help, Ms. Stella is from Greece, so she teaches him some things).
He knows how to say Hello, Butterfly, and Friend in Spanish.
He's starting to learn all his letters. He's got the beginning and the end figured out. It's those darn letters in the middle that he struggles with.


He's just amazing.

Now if we could get him to listen a little better, this kid would be perfect. ;-)

JUST KIDDING, he's already perfect.

Our little Dommie Salami. What a little guy.

1 comment:

Kate Geisen said...

Oh, those phases are so miserable. Of course, you love your kids to death no matter what, but part of you is going, "What happened to my sweet child? Where did he go?" And then all of the sudden it's over and it's like they were never so difficult. Hang in there...I'm sure you're doing all the right things. :)