Sunday, May 1, 2011

Still Here

Hey blog world. Just a quick post to say (again) that I'm still alive and well. We've had a rough few days here.

Last Wednesday night, Dominick was doing his normal scream and cry temper tantrum before going to bed. We didn't think too much of it and let him cry for a bit. He usually cries for about 10 minutes and that's his bedtime routine. I'm not a fan of it. I'd rather he not cry. But he does and then he sleeps all night just fine. Well after screaming for about 15 minutes I realized something was up. I went in to see what was wrong and I gave him a hug and he felt CrAzY hot. So I ran upstairs to get the thermometer. I got it and came back down. It is a digital ear thermometer. I took his temp. 102.8

Yikes! So we gave him some children's ibuprofen and he came upstairs with me to sleep in our bed. Nick went to the basement to sleep and Dom slept with me all night. Anytime I got up, I took his temp. By morning it was down to 101, but that's still high. I kept him home from daycare and by noon his temp was down to 100. But by 2, it was back up to 104, the highest yet. I called the doc and brought him straight in.

He has nothing...well, they called it a fever virus. Said it has to run it's course but alternate tylenol and ibuprofen. So we did that Friday and kicked the temp for good.

But anyway, I had both kids home alone (with one of them sick) on Thursday and Friday. Then on Saturday, my little Bellie Belles decided to get sick. Fun! And today I decided to get sick. Yay!

And even MORE FUN. Nick is working like a mad man to get a job done. So Friday he worked from 6 am to 4:30 om. Saturday he worked from 6 am to 4 :30 pm. And today, Sunday, he worked from 6 am to 2 pm. Tomorrow and all week he's working 6-4:30.

So I've had a LOT on my plate. I'm still here, but barely. I'm hoping tomorrow is an easier day. Dom's fever is gone and he is on his road to becoming healthy. Annabelle has a humidifier in her room and I've been using little noses and the nasal aspirator to clean out her nose. I just started some Zicam to try and kick my cold.

I'm hoping by the middle of this week, we are all onto a routine and HEALTHY. That's my goal.

Anyway, not a great post, but there it is. I'm still here and I'll be back to blogging more regularly soon....I HOPE.

No comments: