Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Colds

Annabelle has had a cold for seriously like 8 weeks now. (Holy bad grammar...don't judge me).

Every time I call in they tell me that she doesn't need to come in and to do the same old same old thing. Elevate the head of her mattress...Use the bulb syringe...Use a cool mist humidifier at night...Etc, etc.

But she's STILL coughing and STILL has a runny nose and I can't hardly take it anymore. So I called today and she's going in.

She also got a little bug yesterday and threw up about 6 times during the day. And she threw up more than she ate each time. I keep waiting for Dom to start, but so far we've been lucky. Hopefully he stays healthy.

I'm hoping to get some answers today. I hate that she's been sick for so long. I just want her to get better!

On a different note, while Nick was at his football draft last night when I texted him to go to Walgreens on the way home and get some Pedialite. He texted me back a recipe to make Pedialite at home. Our friend Colleen looked it up in a book she has and I made the recipe and I think it worked! Annabelle hadn't been going to the bathroom since all this throwing up started and I needed to get some fluids back in her. She drank the 2 oz bottle I made right up and had a wet diaper within an hour. Good girl!

Here's the recipe if you ever need pedialite and can't get to the store:

4 cups of water
1/2 tsp of salt
2 tbsp of sugar

I think they said you can add some gelatin powder for flavor but we didn't do that. We just did the water/salt/sugar combo and it worked great!

Hopefully we get some good answers today and she can FINALLY get better! I'm tired of hearing that poor cough all the time!

No comments: