Sunday, August 7, 2011

~Soul Surfer~

Nick and I had our own little version of a date night last night. It wasn't very exciting, but it was just us. We stayed up late (for us) and put the kids to bed by 8:30 and rented a movie off of On Demand. We rented Soul Surfer.

For those of you who don't know, it's an amazing true story of a girl in Hawaii who was attacked by a shark. She lost her left arm and had to learn to do everything with just one arm, and I mean everything. It's amazing how many things take two arms/hands. I take for granted that I can just put my hair up in a ponytail anytime I want. In fact, it's a bad habit of mine to take my hair down and re-do my ponytail like once or twice every 20 minutes or so. I'm constantly messing with my hair.

One of the things that Bethany Hamilton was determined to do, was surf again. And it's such an emotional story. It's amazing the determination and faith that she has while adjusting to this new life.

I've been emotional lately so of course I cried. But it was a great story and a great movie.

I recommend it if you get a chance.

Happy Date Night to us! :) Hopefully we'll get another date night one of these days. Maybe we'll actually even get to leave the house!

No comments: