Saturday, August 6, 2011

"Old Grandpa"


My grandfather refers to himself as "Old Grandpa" when talking to Cecilia and Dominick. It's pretty cute and the kids feed right into it, calling my dad "Grandpa" and my Grandpa "Old Grandpa". Well this past Thursday was "Old Grandpa's" 85th Birthday!

My dad put together a "small" (turned into 65 people I think!) surprise party for him at their country club yesterday. I had to work from 7 am to 7:30 pm but I made sure I was changed and waiting at the time clock at 7:30, ready to run to my car and get on my way to the festivities.

It was a blast! I got there around 8 and my grandpa sure can party. I ate a little food and then it was time for cake. Dominick was a bit of a stinker last night so I held him most of the time but when it came time to sing to Old Grandpa, Cecilia was in a great mood and Old Grandpa was able to hold her and she helped blow out the candles! I was exhausted pretty quick and so was Dominick but we hung out with the birthday boy until about 10ish and then headed home.

We all slept good last night! And slept in a bit this morning too!

Happy 85th Birthday Grandpa! We all love you so much and can't wait until next year to celebrate your 86th!!

No comments: