Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Rest in Peace


Baby Gwen
Born on this Earth: August 24, 2010
Left to join God: August 7, 2011

We got that horrible email yesterday morning...the one that told us that Baby Gwen has left this Earth to be with God in Heaven. I've been crying since, I think. I know what I'm feeling is nothing compared to what C & D are feeling. I feel so horrible for them and I know that no words can help. There is nothing to say or do.

I can't believe how fast all of this happened. I remember April 23, 2011. It was a friend of ours daughter's 1st birthday party. Nick and I took the kids and saw C with her son Donovan. We asked where D and Gwen were and she told us that baby Gwen was cutting teeth and a little crabby. We smiled and told her we'd come over soon because we wanted to see Gwen again soon.

The next day was Gwen's 8 month birthday.

The next day was Easter Sunday.

The next day was the day that Gwen got diagnosed with Leukemia.

And here we are, just a few short months later and Gwen is gone. I remember when we found out that Gwen was sick. I wasn't worried. At all. That may sound horrible but I was so positive that she was going to get better. She was at a nationally ranked Children's Hospital for goodness sake. Of COURSE she was going to get better.

Then the diagnosis got a little worse. But I still was so 100% sure she'd be better soon and we'd all be telling these stories to Gwen someday.

Then the diagnosis got even more worse. And I got scared.

I have no idea why bad things happen to good people. And C & D are fantastic people. Great amazing wonderful friends. D told me when I went to visit them in the hospital last week that he has no idea why this is happening but he has to believe that something good will come of it. I have to trust him on that and believe it too. Because things like this make it hard to keep faith.

I do believe that Gwen is still in a loving place. I believe she is in Heaven. And I believe she will be Donovan's guardian angel. I have to believe that.

God Bless you Gwen. I hope He keeps you close and safe until you are reunited with your Mom and Dad, which I hope is a long way away.

1 comment:

Sara said...

This entry made me tear up and I don't even know this little princess. My prayers are with your friends in such a difficult time.