Monday, September 10, 2012

Happy Anniversary!!!

I guess I could take a second and mention that my wedding anniversary was yesterday.

Nick and I have been married for 6 years. HOLY COW! 6 years. It doesn't seem that long ago, honestly.

And I truly can't believe that just six years after saying 'I do' we'll have 3 children. THREE. That means we are outnumbered. Yikes!

It has been an amazing six years though. We've gotten to do so much and we are still so happy. We've gone on trips (Mexico, Chicago, Las Vegas, Park City, Gulf Shores, Disney in Orlando, etc), we bought a house and have done some big construction (re-finished the basement, re-did the bathroom, built Dominick and now Annabelle's room, knocked out a wall to enlarge our kitchen, and coming soon, making the new baby's room!), I went back to school and changed careers (accounting to nursing - big change!), and we've done all these things with each other 100% supporting the other and having the time of our lives doing it.

This past year has been tough. VERY tough. Me getting a new job and going back to school and not making much money and not being home a lot has been hard. But Nick hasn't really ever complained about it. At least not to me. Which I'm surprised by and super impressed with. It can be easy to just get frustrated that he's bringing home 95% of the bacon and taking care of the kids 85% on his own. But he's done it and even quizzed me for tests along the way. He's amazing.

In just a few short months, this journey will be over. I'll be done with school and working a more normal schedule and home to help with the kids almost every night. But the journey that Nick and I get to take together will continue and I'm so excited about that. What will the next chapter bring as we are a family of five? I can't wait to find out. I picked the best partner to do this with and I'm lucky enough that he wanted me as well.

Happy 6 year anniversary Nick! I'm confident that since we've gotten through this past year, we can get through anything. These last 6 years have been perfect and I can't wait for MANY MANY more to come.


No comments: