Thursday, September 6, 2012

HOME!

Ok, so I actually got home on Tuesday afternoon but haven't had a free second until now to tell you!

I was released on Tuesday around noon and sent home basically the exact same as when I came in. I still have the severe abdominal pain. It's either a hiatal hernia (stomach pushes up through diaphragm) or an umbilical hernia (where abdominal lining pushes through near belly button). There's nothing to do about it while I'm pregnant and hopefully getting the baby out will be enough to fix it although surgery is always a possibility.

The main reason I was admitted was the contractions that wouldn't stop. I got sent home being told that I'm far enough along now that they won't stop it if it happens again. Which is silly to me. What did 3 days do? But I'm guessing those three days probably did a lot, so I won't complain and will just be thankful to be home.

I'm on modified bed rest while really means no bed at all. I'm just supposed to sit for the most part if possible. I can still work (thank goodness!) and I'm just supposed to take it easy until this baby comes. I think that is mainly to help control my pain (which there is a LOT) and doesn't really have much to do with the baby. But I'll try to keep my pain down any way I can, so sitting a lot sounds good to me!

I'm 36 weeks today and only one more week until I'm considered full term. I'm hoping to get to 37 weeks and then I think I'm ready. Although now that I've done the whole pre-term labor thing I'll probably wait and have to do my scheduled c-section on October 4th!

We shall see!!!

No comments: