Monday, April 13, 2009

Back to Work

Today was my first day back to work since December 28! I was put on best red at the end of December after a few times in the hospital with contractions, so I had been off of work for awhile. I was so nervous to go back...for multiple reasons.

1) I was afraid I wouldn't remember how to do my job! I wanted to do a good job and was afraid that I'd be a bad worker after being off so long.

2) I didn't want to leave my baby for a day! I was looking forward to work because I wanted to see people again. And not just Nick (though I love you babe!).

I missed Dom a lot. More than I thought I would. But I'm only working part time right now and that's a good transition. I'm working M-Th 9-1 so it's not too long to be away from my baby.

The best part about leaving him today was picking him up. When I went to get him he was playing in an activity vibrating seat. He was playing and talking and then I went to pick him up and he just smiled at me. He kept staring at me and smiling and it made me feel so incredibly wonderful. We left Miss Stella's and went to the grocery store and he smiled and stared at me almost the whole time! I'm so glad that he did good at day care and I'm even more glad that he is at the point where he knows who I am and he loves me! It made me feel so great.

Hopefully I'll be able to do as well tomorrow. I hope I get the same beautiful smile when I pick him up again tomorrow!

1 comment:

Les said...

Aww I'm happy to hear that both mom & Dom did well back to work and at daycare!