Thursday, April 16, 2009

My first week

Well my first official week back at work is over. Right now I am only working Monday through Thursday 9am to 1pm. It's a good transition from being at home with my baby to going back to the business world. Next week is the same schedule and then hopefully I'm back full time on April 27.

It was a good week. I really like Ms. Stella (Dom's babysitter). She is so great with the kids. She has a lot of kids every day too. I don't know how she does it. At first I was nervous about her having so many and taking care of my baby but she is amazing. She has it down to an art. The kids are so well behaved there too. I'm very glad that Dom is going to be in an environment that I love so much.

I was able to make the transition pretty well too. Work is going great. I am caught up on everything and feel really good about being back. I'm also doing well with being away from Dom. Granted it's only for 5 hours a day but I was nervous at first and now it just makes it better when I see him.

Not that I didn't love him to pieces before, but I used to be so excited for Nick to come and help me with Dom. And I was so excited for Dom to take a nap so I could relax or get some stuff done. But now, when I pick him up after work I just want to hold him and play with him and look at him. We do tummy time and play on the activity mat and all kinds of things while we are at home together.

It's been a great week. And to end my first work week, Nick and I are going with Angela and Andrew to see Bill Maher at the Fox tonight! I'm excited!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

have a great night babe you deserve it!