Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Big Boy Carseat!

Dominick is TOO big for the pumpkin seat now. He's approximately 31" long and 24 lbs. and his legs go up the back seat since he's too long. And don't even get me started about trying to carry that seat with him in it!

So we decided to get a new one. They are expensive!! But my sister told me about a program here in St. Louis called "Safety Stop". It's at Children's Hospital here in St. Louis (on Kingshighway by highway 40) and it's amazing! I will give them the best review ever!

I called them to discuss getting a new car seat installed. I told them that I had heard that they had car seats for sale too. The woman I spoke to said they did and she gave me an appointment time to come in. It's so easy.

They only schedule one appointment at a time, so there's NO WAIT! They have a designated parking spot for Safety Stop so you can pull right up, nice and close. We went in and told them we were there. They checked our old car seat, checking for any new recalls, and we put it in our trunk. Then we went inside the little room.

She told us about the car seats they have (all basic models) and the different car seats that children need through the years. She went in the back and brought out a convertible car seat. She showed us how it worked. How to make the shoulder straps tighter, how to loosen them, how it goes in the car, etc. Then she put Dommie in it to make sure it was at the proper setting (shoulder straps and bottom buckle). Then she and Nick went out to the car to install it. It took them about 10 minutes. And now Nick knows how to do it!

She gave us a packet of information on the various car seats and some other stuff in a bag. All very useful information. Then we went to pay. The BRAND NEW CONVERTIBLE CAR SEAT cost us $25!!!!! Seriously??? Those are normally almost $200.00! And it's a good car seat! It has to be since a hospital gave it to us, right?! :)

It's working out so fantastic already. Dommie is so much more comfortable in it, you can already tell. We love it.

I tried to take pictures with my phone and post them here, but I can't get them to show up...I'll try again in a bit!

Thank you Safety Stop!!

(If anyone is interested in using this amazing service, call this number - 314.454.KIDS or 800.678.KIDS, then press three.)

2 comments:

Ben and Whitney Evely said...

What an AWESOME program!!! I'm so jealous...wish we had something like that here. Maybe I need to look into that!

Kate Geisen said...

What a great program!