Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Jillian Michaels

kicked my butt! I started the 30 day shred DVD last night and man, was it tough! And I was only on Level 1! There are 3 levels! What the heck is gonna happen to me on the 3rd level??

But all that aside, I really like the DVD. She does 3 'circuits' of 6 minutes each and they do the 3-2-1 system. 3 minutes of strength training right into 2 minutes of cardio right into 1 minute of abs. No stopping. And when you finish the 1st circuit, you go straight into the 2nd circuit and start the 3-2-1 over again. It kind of helps knowing that you will only be doing 3 minutes or less of a certain exercise. Because they are tough circuits!

For one of the cardio workouts you jump rope without a jump rope. I thought that was silly at first but then 10 seconds later and that was the hardest thing I felt like I had ever done!

I think I'm going to try and do the 30 day shred 4 days a week. I think I'm going to do Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays if I can. Wednesdays is basketball and then Saturdays are kickball. Sundays are lay on the couch and watch football days!

Day 1 of my 30 day shred down. Whew. Hopefully it shows at my weigh in on Saturday. Stay posted...

No comments: