Tuesday, October 20, 2009

It's time...


I have decided to re-join weight watchers.

Now that I'm done with the half marathon and it's getting really cold outside, I'm slowing down on my exercising...but not my eating. So something has to be done. I think that weight watchers is a good choice for me. I did it once before, right before my wedding and I lost about 20 lbs. doing WW. Hopefully I can do that good, and better!

I have set a high goal for myself. I'd like to lose just over 45 lbs. I know that's a lot, but I need to and I think I can do it. This is going to be a hard time to start WW. The holidays always are, but I am confident.

The cool thing about Weight Watchers right now is they have eTools. You can go on their website and track your "points" there along with looking up the point values of any food, looking up recipes, joining buddy groups, all kinds of good stuff. I looked up a bunch of recipes yesterday and made two of them last night for dinner.

I made a grilled shrimp salad and some mini Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches. They were pretty good for "diet food". :)

I'm actually really excited about doing this and sticking with it. My mom joined with me even though she doesn't have to lose weight, and it's great to have someone else there with you. It makes it easier to talk to someone about the recipes and how hungry you are at first.

We had our first meeting last Saturday...I'm hoping for at least a 1 lb. weight loss this week! (I'm not looking at getting more since I went to a wedding and Nick told me I can't start a diet on a 'football' day and ordered us Dominios for lunch on Sunday!).

1 pound! And then just 45.6 more after that! ;-)

No comments: