Thursday, October 22, 2009

A whole new world

I'm so excited. A whole new world has been opened up before me. I logged onto weight watchers eTools today and discovered they have an online community! It's basically facebook for weight watchers. You have a wall, you have "friends", you have groups, challenges, pictures, etc. I'm in heaven.

I love being a part of a group so determined to lose weight. I love it. I love checking in and sharing recipes and getting extra motivation.

I calculated my Body Mass Index today and I'm considered "pre-obese". That's scary. Terrifying even. That is so motivational to stick with this and do good.

It's not the official weigh in, so I'm not holding my breath for it, but I weighed myself on Saturday at home and I weighed myself this morning on my scale and it shows a weight loss of almost 5 lbs! And the best part, I'm doing it the healthy way! I drink at least 8 glasses of water now, I eat my 6-8 servings of fruits and veggies, 3 servings of dairy, a multi-vitamin, lean protein, all of it! I'm just really watching what I eat and I'm continuing to work out. And I can already see a subtle difference in my face. Yay! :)

I can't wait for the official weigh in Saturday morning, even if it's just 1 lb, I'll be thrilled!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Good for you Meg! I love those support communities... I did that when I did South Beach diet many years ago, and it is motivational to hear other's stories and get support from them. I will probably do WW too this spring. I did it about 2 years ago and lost 15 lbs. like that!

Keep up the good work girlie!!