Friday, October 9, 2009

Exercise

I don't know why, but lately I've been wanting to work out and exercise more and more. I did the half marathon and since then I've wanted to keep going. But I'm ready for a change from just running.

My sister and I just signed up for a spinning class. It's Monday-Wednesday-Friday mornings at 5:30 am to 6:15 am. We did our first one Monday, neither one of us went on Wednesday and we both went again today. I love it. It's hard and I get tired, but I love it.

I'm still playing basketball on Wednesday nights. The new session has started and that's a great workout too. But it's only one night a week.

I'm still playing kickball on Saturdays. I know everyone thinks this is kind of a joke, but you really get a good workout playing kickball! But again, only once a week.

I'm looking for something else to do a few days a week. I've heard great things about Jillian Michaels (the trainer from Biggest Loser) 30 day shred video workout, so I think I'm going to try that and see how I like it. I ordered it off of Amazon.com and should get it early next week. You are supposed to do that workout 4 days a week with other cross training or cardio in between. Well I have spinning! So problem solved.

I was never this motivated when I was an athlete in college, so I really don't know why I'm so motivated now, but I am. I'll let you know how it goes once I get the DVD. I already know that it will probably be hard and I'll hate it at first. But we shall see...

1 comment:

Kate Geisen said...

I've wanted to take a spinning class forever, but I can't fit it in during the school year, and I'd rather just be on my regular bike outside in the summer. I play basketball every week, too. I love it! Your kickball league sounds like a blast. :)

I played basketball in HS, but I'm waaaay more active otherwise than I was then. Funny how that works. I'm impressed by how active you stay while being pregnant and taking care of a two year old and working and taking classes. Amazing!