Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Big Boy Bed!

Dominick slept in his Big Boy Bed last night!!! I'm so proud of him!

Like I previously mentioned, we moved the crib downstairs over the weekend (on Sunday actually) to get him used to the new room. New look, new sounds, new light from the outside, etc. And on Sunday night we gave him the option of which bed to sleep in and he said the crib. So we put him in the crib and he slept all night. :) Our plan was working. He was in the new room and getting used to it. It was in the crib, but that was fine.

Well last night, we did PJ's, brushed our teeth and read our books. Then I asked Dom which bed he wanted to sleep in. He pointed to his toddler bed. I said OK and he climbed in. I tucked him in "snug as a bug" and then gave him a kiss. I left the room and shut the door. I listened by the door, fully expecting him to get up and walk around and I didn't hear anything. So I went upstairs and got the monitor. A few times I SWORE I heard him get up...so I'd check on him. Nope. Still laying in bed.

He did have two slip ups. He woke up once about 1 or 2 am. I went downstairs and he was crying because he lost his binky. It was on the floor by his bed. I gave it to him and he rolled right back over and layed back down. I recovered him up and gave him another kiss and he was back asleep in no time. He woke up again around 4 am. This time Nick went downstairs and he said Dom was walking around trying to find his binky. Nick gave it to him but he wouldn't lay back down. So Nick rocked him for about 10 minutes and then he layed him back in bed and that worked. He went back to bed until I woke him up around 7:20 this morning.

So I will call that a success! I know that doesn't mean he's made the transition and he'll never want to sleep in the crib again. But I think this is a great start.

We told him that when he's done with his crib we can move it and get him a new book shelf and some new books and he's very excited about that. So we'll see how this goes! But no matter what, he did it! We know he can do it! :) We'll see what happens tonight. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: