Wednesday, March 2, 2011

New Friends

I have been extremely blessed since going back to school. I have met two amazing girls (Bridget and Ann) who live close to me and are taking the same classes that I am. It's been great to have someone to talk to while studying, doing homework, or trying to forget that last class. I met them both last semester in Anatomy and Physiology I. We formed a little study group and got to be really close. This semester has been a little different because one of us is in a different class (Bridget). :(

Ann and I miss Bridget a lot but we still meet up with her sometimes and we still talk about class. We're all taking the same class (Anatomy and Physiology II) but Ann and I go on Tuesday nights and Bridget goes Tuesday and Thursday days.

Not only do I have great new friends to talk about school stuff with, but they are also great new friends to do anything with!

This past weekend shows how great they both are.

We started off by going to see Bridget's new apartment. She just moved to the U-City area and we went over to see her place. After hanging out there for a bit, we headed to the Loop. We had a great lunch at Cicero's and then Bridget wanted to show me a store she likes, called City Sprouts. It's a kid store with clothes and games and neat things for kids. It has a LOT of cool stuff...but it's expensive...

We went in and Bridget told me to pick out something that I liked and she wanted to get it for the baby. At first I was just looking around. I saw a really cute swimsuit and checked the price tag...$42.00...um no thanks! Then I found an ADORABLE dress and checked that price tag...$58.00. I don't usually spend $58.00 on a dress! :)

So I told Bridget not to get me anything, but that didn't fly. So we picked out a few smaller items. She got me a silly onesie that Nick FREAKED out over. ;-) It says, "Someday I'll get TRASHED at Prom". Not gonna lie, that one made me freak out a little too.



She also got me a pack of "trumpet socks". They are little socks that Bridget told me will STAY ON, since most baby socks don't. And they have the sticky pads on the bottom for added traction when she needs it. They are sized 0-12 month so we'll see how long they last. And they are ADORABLE and look like little Mary Jane shoes!


Of course I was thrilled to get these things and love them but I feel so bad that a onesie and some socks cost her over $55.00!! Also, Bridget is going through a divorce and doesn't even have a BED! She sleeps on a couch and spent $55 on me and Baby A. She is so thoughtful and sweet and didn't even hesitate. She's a great friend.

While Bridget was looking at those things, I wandered over and looked at some stuff for Dom. I wanted to have a bag of goodies for Dom when he comes to the hospital so he has some fun things to do and have and it's not just about the baby. I found a neat puzzle that says it's for kids 3+ but I think Dom can handle it! :) It's a matching puzzle that matches colors with animals. I think Dom will be good at it. He's very good at colors already and he loves animals, thanks to Diego. And I found him a book. It's pretty cool. It's a flip book. One way is a book called, "What Brothers Do Best". Then you flip it over and the other way is a book called, "What Sisters Do Best". I think it will be good for him. :)

So after I found these two items, I went to check out and Ann was in line buying me a onesie!!



It's so cute! And it's one of those side wrap onesies so I don't have to worry about her belly button or anything.

I need to mention here that Ann recently lost her job. She's selling her house and going to school. And she bought me a $25.00 onesie for Annabelle.

She didn't have to do that. Neither of them had to do that! But I'm extremely thankful for the beautiful gifts and their friendship.

Annabelle might be even more spoiled than Dominick! I walked out of that store with 2 onesies, 1 package of socks, 1 book and 1 puzzle and it was more than $100.00 worth of stuff!

I'm one lucky girl. I have so many great friends in my life. Through Fontbonne, through school now, through Nick, through work. And my family is the best family ever. I can't wait for Annabelle to get here and meet all of these wonderful people as well.

No comments: