Friday, March 25, 2011

Patience

I'm really struggling to keep my patience lately. I try, but it's very difficult. Dominick is really pushing our buttons recently. He likes to do something that he knows he's not supposed to do and then when we tell him "no", he laughs and does it more. I still can't lift him and lately Nick's been gone during the day (at work) and gone at night (helping our friend Mike with demo at his house). It's really hard to be a "single" mom. I drop Dom off at daycare in the morning and the mornings are rough. Dom doesn't want to get dressed, doesn't want to have his diaper changed, doesn't want to get his shoes on, etc. It goes on and on.

Nights are even worse. He's been doing all kinds of things just to push us. He always needs something while I'm feeding Anna. Last night he found a straw and came over and just jabbed Anna in the face with it. When she sleeps, he goes right next to her and bangs on something to wake her up.

I know he loves her. She's all he talks about most of the time. He's trying to get MY attention and it has nothing to do with her. And I'm struggling with that.

I find myself closing my eyes and counting to ten with deep breaths a lot lately. I don't want to get too mad at him because I know that he's going through a major transition too. I don't want to let him completely off the hook though either, because he is directly ignoring what we are asking/telling him to do and I don't want to let him think that doing something that Mom and Dad say not to do is OK. It's really tough.

Nick and I thought that two years would be perfect in between kids. They would love each other and play together, etc. But I didn't think about how hard it would be NOW. I think we have a rough few months ahead of us. :)

It's ok. I'll take those rough months because I LOVE both of my kids so much and every second with them is worth it. Even if they are driving me crazy. :) But I need to have more patience. Hopefully I can find some in the next few months. For everyone's sake!

No comments: