Friday, March 4, 2011

Dominick Question

Dominick just started walking funny...this started yesterday. He almost drags his left leg. When going up and down steps, it seems like a struggle to get his leg up the stair and when he's going down, he kind of flops his leg down...I don't know what's going on.

We checked to make sure there were no bruises or cuts or anything. Then we checked to make sure there was nothing in his shoes. His shoes are getting a little snug, but not like too tight to wear. We're going to get him new shoes this weekend anyway, but I don't think that's the problem.

Today he was almost acting like he couldn't feel his leg. Like it was numb or something. Before I put his shoes on, I poked the bottom of each foot and he yanked it away each time I did it. So he can clearly feel his feet.

He doesn't cry. He doesn't say it hurts. He's just walking really oddly.

Then today when dropping him off at Stella's, he kept tripping over himself. When he fell down, he would get frustrated and cry. I'm not sure what's going on.

Is he really hurt?
Is he being silly?

I'm going to call the pediatrician today just to see if they know this is a sign of something. I don't want to be caught with more questions this weekend with the doc office is closed.

But in the meantime, does anyone have any suggestions?? Have your kids done this before??


Edited to add:

I called the pediatrician and they want to see him today. They said we might need to do an x-ray. It's nothing to worry about yet, they just want to see him and see what's going on but we better be safe rather than sorry. We don't want things to get worse this weekend and have to go to the ER. And we really don't want something to be wrong and not fix it!

Say a prayer that everything turns out to be ok.

When I called Stella to tell her I'd be picking Dom up early, she told me she was going to call me. He's still walking funny and when he tries to walk /run across the room, he trips every few feet and he's getting really frustrated. Hopefully everything is ok.

I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I really hope it's nothing, but I, too, would be really worried. Especially when it seems like a fairly significant change with no reason. Poor little guy. Please let us know what's going on as soon as you can. Prayers!

Joe, Jenn, Nathan, and William said...

nathan had a limp last summer, but it sounds different than what dom is doing...maybe he is having growing pains?