Friday, September 23, 2011

Time to get running!

I realized last night that the half marathon is in just 4 weeks (well 4 weeks from Sunday but that's soon enough). It's really time to get in gear and get this booty running!

I'm now deviating from the original schedule since according to that schedule I should be doing 9 miles on Sunday, and yeah, I can't do that. So I made up a new one. It's a lot of running. Running pretty much every day. But I'll do one day with a lot of miles, then one with just a few. We'll see how this goes.

Today I ran 2 miles. I did it fine. I did 2.1 miles in 23 minutes, so just over 11 minute miles (which is what I averaged the whole half that I ran in September 09) so I'd be happy with that.

Next on the list is 3 miles tomorrow, 3 miles Sunday, Rest on Monday and 4 miles Tuesday. I think I can handle that...We shall see!

No comments: