Monday, August 20, 2012

Apple/Peach Picking

The other day I had a mini panic attack. I have these frequently, to be honest, and they are usually over really stupid things. But the other day I was thinking about the things we do with the kids and I decided that I'm a horrible mother. OK not horrible...I love my kids and treat them well with kisses and everything, but I don't take them to do anything special. I know I've been busy but that's no excuse. My kids are only little once. So I decided to change that.

I want to try and take the kids on fun little adventures. They don't have to be expensive things (and to be honest, they won't be expensive because we have very little money right now!) but I want them to be fun and to count.

So I told Nick about my revelation and he rolled his eyes (as usual) but decided to play along and we piled up and went apple/peach picking on Sunday. My mom offered to come along to help chase kids since I'm not so great at that these days, and we were off. We went to the Eckert's in Grafton, IL and it was fantastic.

There was so much to do! We picked apples and peaches and there was a big play area that the kids LOVED and there were goats to feed. They were in heaven. And it cost me $9.95 for my apples (my momma bought me my peaches). Not bad for a little family fun, right!?

Here are a few pics from our adventure!

Nick and Dommie on the top of the wagon.


Mom and Annabelle on the wagon. 


One of our last family pictures as a family of FOUR!


Annabelle checking out the apples on the way back from the orchard. 


Dommie playing on the John Deere tricycles.


Dommie feeding the goats. 


Me and Annabelle feeding the goats. Me NOT such a fan of this but Annabelle loved it. :) 


Mom and Annabelle reaching WAY UP HIGH to get a perfect apple (that I think Annabelle dropped as soon as Mom got it down!). 



As you can see, it was a good day. I'm looking forward to doing more things like this. Hopefully we can keep it up! School, work, 3 kids, etc will probably be very busy but I'm going to try my hardest!!!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I've wanted to throw in the towel latley, weve got a lot going on, (lots of changse) and I know its hard, but you gotta just keep truckin! :) Love you!