Monday, August 27, 2012

We survivied!

Nick went out of town for the annual golf trip and I was on my own with Dom, Annabelle, Ruby and Peyton from Friday to Sunday afternoon. Oh and I'm almost 35 weeks pregnant. :)

But I had a TON of  help and we survived! It actually went pretty flawlessly. For me anyway. Nick left Friday afternoon and I had to work on Friday from 3-11:30 pm so Nick's mom picked up the kids from school and kept them overnight. So Friday was a breeze!

I picked them up around 8:30 am on Saturday and we headed back to the house. For some reason I was really nesting on Saturday. When Annabelle was down for a nap, I cleaned the first floor and switched out Dom's furniture (by putting it on a little rug and pushing it. I didn't exert myself too badly, I promise). In case you were wondering, the nesting is already over. I'm back to wanting to nap all the time...

We stayed at the house until about 2:40 and then we headed north to my mom and dad's. Now let me back up and tell you that this is no small golf trip. This is like every male on my dad's side of the family. They've been doing it for years (this is Nick's 4th or 5th year) and about 70 or 80 guys go. It's a big deal. A big weekend. So my dad was there and so was my brother in law. And since my sister lives in Springfield now, she came up with the girls. So when we went to my parent's house, it was 3 adults and 4 little ones. It was crowded! In a good way.

We got there a little after 3 and I was a little nervous about how Dom and Celia would play together. They love each other and are always talking about each other and sending each other pictures, etc. but when they actually get together...sometimes it's a different story. But that's being 3 and 4 years old I guess.

But they did really really well together! And the little girls did well too!

We had a wonderful dinner, mainly put on by Angela with help from Mom...I seasoned asparagus for the grill. That's all I did. But dinner was an awesome salad (my sister makes the BEST salad I swear), grilled shrimp, grilled vegetables (asparagus and corn on the cob), grilled salmon, and hot rolls. It was awesome. I ate so much. And lucky for me, it was mostly food I could eat!

After dinner the kids played some more and then we attempted some dessert. We tried making cookies from the cookie dough Mom bought from Dom's school and it did NOT turn out well. I don't know if we didn't let it thaw enough or if it was the cookie dough brand is just bad or what the problem was, but it was not good. So we settled for ice cream instead. The kids were ok with that. ;-)

After dinner, I stayed for a bit longer and then I headed home with Annabelle around 8:45. Dom was lucky and got to have a sleepover with Celia.

Sunday morning Annabelle slept in until 7:15, which was perfect, because then we got up, got dressed and headed back north. Mom wanted to go to 9:00 am mass and didn't want to leave Angela alone with the kids. So we headed up and got some donuts on the way (Old Town Donuts in Florissant = awesome; if you've never had it, you should!). We got there about 8:40 and Mom went to mass. We just hung out and the kids played some more (and each had a donut - of course).

When Mom got home we started prepping for brunch. Michelle came over with Eliza and Baby Tucker (her hubs, Adam is part of my family and also on the golf trip) and we added two more little ones to the party! We made breakfast and it was also awesome. We had watermelon, scrambled eggs with cheese, made from scratch plain and blueberry pancakes, sausage patties, coffee, orange juice and I don't even know what else. But it was good.

After brunch, I stayed until Nick got back (he had ridden with Dad out there so his car was at my parent's). Nick got home about 3 ish and we left shortly after that to go home.

It was a great weekend for both me and Nick and I had SO much help with the kids (thank you Sue and Mom and Angela!!!!) but it was great to get the four of us back in the same house again. I love having the whole family at home where we belong. I told Nick that I hope he had fun because that's probably his last trip out with the boys for awhile! Not trying to be mean, but I can't stay home with three of 'em for awhile!

No comments: