Monday, July 20, 2009

Arkansas Trip!

Ok, now that I have a free second, I'll write about our trip. First off, it was AWESOME! Just throwing that out there. Now some details.

Michelle got to our house at 9 am on Friday morning. We packed up the car and dropped Dom off at daycare, and then hit the road. We stopped for breakfast/lunch around 11 and then back on the road. We got to Jim and Leslie's around 3:30. Nick and Jimbo went golfing while Leslie, Michelle and I went to Target. We just hung out for the afternoon until the other car arrived. Lauren, Brian, Ashley and Luke got there in the early evening and we got ready to go out! We went to a bar and then did a little bar hopping. Here's a picture of the girls ready to go out!



It was a fun night and we were out late. I didn't go to bed until about 2:30 am! I haven't done that in a LONG time! We had fun though. Saturday was an early day. Michelle, Ashley and I got up, made coffee and went for a long walk. I needed to do this for my half marathon training and they were nice enough to come along. After we got back we made breakfast. We hung out for a bit and then packed up and went to Beaver Lake. We rented a boat for the day and had an AWESOME time. I got very sun burnt on my shoulders and back though. It was rough. Here are a few pics from the boat!







Saturday night we just stayed in. We made hamburgers and relaxed at the house. We tried playing a few games, but that didn't work so well. We ended up doing a Wii Tennis Tournament. Nick won. Go Nick!

I went to bed early Saturday night because I still felt like I was on a boat! The whole room was swaying like we were still on the water. I went to bed by midnight. I know that doesn't sound early but some of us were up until 5 am!

Sunday morning was rough. I felt so burnt. The boys all went golfing and us girls hung out around the house. We did some laundry and ate breakfast. Then I had to do my run. I couldn't put it off any longer. I had to do 5 miles. I didn't know how far 5 miles was from Jim's house so I just started my stop watch and ran for 50 minutes. I measured what I ran later and it was about 4 1/2 miles so I did pretty good!

We took one last picture before we left of us as a group. Before you look at the picture, I would like to emphasize that I had just got done running. Well like 30 minutes earlier. My skin gets very irritated when I run outside. It gets SUPER red. I am not THAT burnt. My shoulders look like that and that is from the sun but my face actually isn't sun burnt. It's just THAT red from running! :D



And that was our trip! It was amazing.

I missed Dommie so much but I have the best friends ever and had a fantastic time.

No comments: