Monday, July 13, 2009

Prayers needed

A girl that I am friends with on ovusoft.com needs some prayers. I'm passing on Elizabeth's story so we can get as many prayers as possible!

Here is her story:
"I've had a very stressful weekend. I please ask for your prayers! My oldest brother (the one that just got back from serving over seas) started throwing up blood on Friday evening. When my SIL got home she told him they were going to the ER, but my brother wanted to take a quick shower first. He ended up falling and passing out while in the shower and my SIL said he was acting like he was having a seizure. She couldn't wake him and called 911 and he was rushed to the hospital. When he got to the hospital his BP was 70/50.

They determined that he had a bleeding ulcer, and gave him medicine to help clot his blood, but over the last 2 days his blood count has continued to decline. They have had to give him over 5 units of blood. With the help of the nurses, he got up yesterday to take a shower, but passed out again. He now has orders that he can't get out of bed or even sit up. He has to lay flat, that's the only way they can keep his blood pressure up.

They went in for the second time last night with a camera to double check and make sure they hadn't missed anything, and the ulcer was still bleeding. They tried to carterize it to stop it from bleeding, and the doctors said that it normally works about 85% of the time.

This morning his blood count had gone up a little. He's still not out of the woods by any means, but at least it's going in the right direction. My mom is on her way to North Dakota today to help take care of the kids. Please pray for a full recovery for my brother as well as safe travel for my mom. I'll keep you updated."

That was yesterday.

Here is today's update:

"Update: We just got his last blood count back and it's going back down again. They're hanging another unit of blood."

Please send many prayers her way. Thanks.

No comments: