Thursday, July 23, 2009

Holy Cow!

I've already posted this on my Facebook page but I seriously can't believe it!

Dominick is 6 months old today!!! WOW!

It seems like it flew by. The other day I sat at my computer and re-read all my blog posts from December and January. It made me cry. I was thinking about the end of my pregnancy. Wishing for Dom to be here. Then worrying since I had early contractions and was put on bed rest. And then labor and my birth story. I was just crying at my computer. I'm so happy he's here. And healthy. And gorgeous. And perfect!

Dominick is starting to do so many things now that it's amazing. He's not crawling yet but he gets up on his hands and knees and rocks back and forth like he's ready to go. It's only a matter of time before he's off! He has two teeth now! Both of his bottom teeth are in and very handsome. :-) He's getting closer to sitting up. Not quite there yet but getting closer. We are almost ready to switch out the car seat. He's getting too heavy and long for the pumpkin seat. He's just getting so big!

We are starting fruits now too. We've accomplished all the veggies! Well, at least carrots, green beans, peas, squash and sweet potatoes. I could've started fruits awhile back but I didn't. So we are going to start those tomorrow.

So exciting!

And another thing that makes it so scary is that Nick and I would like our kids to be about 2 years apart. We are thinking about trying to get pregnant again when Dom is a little over a year. We have no idea how hard it will be since last time it took 14 months and medical intervention. Hopefully we don't have those problems again but we don't want to go through all that waiting again. So that means that in about 9 months, we're going to start trying...that alone is SCARY!

My goodness, time flies...Happy half birthday Dom!

1 comment:

Ben and Whitney Evely said...

All of that is so exciting, and scary, haha. We had our back to school inservice at school this week. Teachers actually begin on August 3rd. Out of 30-35 teachers, we have 4 that are pregnant. Ahh!!! Luckily, ha, I'm not one, haha. You may be jealous of Aidyn sitting up, but I'm TOTALLY jealous that he doesn't have any teeth yet and can't get up on those knees! Hopefully he will soon! Post pics soon!