Thursday, July 9, 2009

Running Updates


I haven't posted too much about my training for the half marathon...As some of you know, my sister and my friend, Abbie, are both training for the half marathon with me. We started a blog that is a private blog and only the three of us are members. It's a good place to keep up with each other and keep each other motivated (I need it motivation a LOT) and Angie gives us good tips about running since she's already done 5 FULL marathons. I do a lot of my running posts there, so I don't bore you guys too much.

But as I am about to finish my 3rd week of training, I thought I'd give you an update.

Training is going pretty good. I'm not going to lie and say great, because I've been struggling a little bit. I have good days and bad days. Tuesday was a bad day. A very bad day. I was supposed to run 3 1/2 miles and I only did 2 1/2...and those 2 1/2 were a struggle. A very serious struggle. I walked part of it and felt miserable the whole time. And then felt miserable because I felt like a failure! That was Tuesday.

Today has been a GREAT day! I got up at 5 am and went running. I was supposed to do 3 1/2 again. I did 3.75 easily. Ran the whole time and felt pretty good. Then I got home and did the dishes from the other night (we had company so there were a TON). Then I made Nick a lunch and a snack for work today. Then I took a shower and got Dom's bottle ready. And fed him. And got ready for work. And came to work....I feel like Super Woman today!

This week's training will end on Sunday with a 5 mile run. I'm a little nervous about that because I haven't ran 5 miles straight since before being pregnant with Dom. But I can do it....I can do it....I can do it....

Next week is the same training as this week, and then the week after that gets tough. 4 miles both Tuesday and Thursday and then 6 on Sunday. But it's worth it. I need to be able to do all this if I expect myself to run 13.1 miles straight!

I added a countdown ticker to my blog. I like being able to see when the race will come. How much longer I have to train and get myself in the best shape I can be in.

Wish me luck!

No comments: