Monday, November 2, 2009

My Uncle Bud

My Uncle "Bud" - or Uncle Paul (my Grandfather's brother), passed away this weekend. It's sad for so many reasons. Not only will he be missed, and he certainly will, but it makes me so afraid for my own Grandpa. Uncle Bud and Grandpa are not that far apart in age. And Uncle Bud wasn't sick! He was fine, we thought. But he went to sleep and never woke back up.

I'm thankful it seems as if it were peaceful. He didn't seem to suffer at all. I'm also thankful we did a big family picture a few summers ago. My grandpa has many siblings and Uncle Bud is the first one to pass away. We did one big family picture with all of the siblings in bright white shirts and then all of their immediate families in a specific color. My family all wore gray. It was such a neat picture with the whole family. And I have a BIG family. My dad has 52 first cousins. It's huge.

I know now that we need to make a conscious effort to go and see my Grandpa and Grandma as often as we can. I don't want to have any regrets. Today is my Grandma's actual birthday. We are going to my parents for dinner to spend the evening with her on her day. I know we need to take lots of pictures so we can look back at remember all the good times and share it with others.

Good-bye Uncle Bud. You will be missed.

No comments: