Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving

This past weekend has been a blur. It was so long and so busy and I can hardly remember everything we did. But I'm going to try!

Thursday:
Thanksgiving morning. We got up and got ready and headed out to brunch at Glen Echo to have Thanksgiving brunch with my Dad's side of the family. They have an amazing brunch that we go to every Thanksgiving and Easter and they didn't disappoint this year. The food was amazing. In fact, so good that I gained weight this week... :( But enough about that! Dominick even did really well. We pulled a high chair up to the table and he had turkey, cheese, crackers, asparagus, sweet potatoes, and the tiniest bit of pumpkin pie you can imagine.

My mom gave him a little "santa hat" and we got a few pictures of him and Cecilia wearing their hats together.

After brunch, we headed home and Dommie went down for a nap. A short nap. We didn't have too much time before heading to Thanksgiving #2! About 3:30 we headed to Nick's sister's house for their family Thanksgiving. The food there was also amazing. Probably another reason I gained weight. Dommie did good there too! He had a hot dog this time instead, along with strawberries, cheese, and some crackers. I had more turkey, more pumpkin pie, and more mashed potatoes!

We actually stayed there pretty late all just talking and then went home and right to bed. It was a good family filled Thanksgiving.

Friday: Nick had to work and Ms. Stella was off so I didn't go to spinning. Instead Dommie and I laid around the house and were lazy. Nick's mom called me around 11:30 and asked if I could take her to Target (she broke her foot) and I wasn't doing anything so I said I could. Nick called while we were getting ready and he decided to come with us. So the three of us piled in the car, picked up Nani and headed to Target. It wasn't too bad actually. Probably because we overheard the workers talking about how there were 700 people waiting for Target to open at 6am. I guess we missed the rush!

After shopping, Nani and Dom stayed home while Nick and I went to Qdoba to have a quick bite to eat...ok, maybe that's another reason I gained weight!

Friday night my sister and I took out my Momma to thank her for all the babysitting she helps us with. We took her to the Cork Wine Bar in Ferguson and it was SO good! We drank a lot of delicious wine (a bottle of red zinfandel and a bottle of pinot grigio) and we had some fantastic tapas (cheese fondue, garlic shrimp, bruschetta, hummus, and a feta cheese pizza). It was so good. And reasonably priced too! We got all that, plus 3 beers and a pear martini for under $130.00! That's really good in my book! We had a great time and I hope my Momma did too!

Saturday: Weight watchers...boo...I gained 4 1/2 pounds this week!! Gross!! But I'm still down 15 since I started so I guess that's something. I guess I knew this would happen. I didn't do well at all and I only went spinning 2 days last week. But still...gross. :) We didn't do much at our house on Saturday, but then Saturday night my mom watched Dom for a few hours and Nick and I went to the movies to see The Blind Side. It was SO good! I loved it. Such a great story.

Sunday: Sunday Funday! We got up very early and went to my cousin Nathan and his wife Annie's house. We loaded up into the car and headed out to a Christmas tree farm in Festus. We got there and loaded onto a trolley to go pick out our Christmas tree. We searched and found the perfect tree for us! Nick got down on the ground and sawed down our tree. Nathan and Annie found theirs too and we loaded them into Nick's truck and headed to Cracker Barrel for breakfast (hopefully I won't gain again this week, but if I do I can probably attribute part of it to this stop!).

After we got back to Nathan and Annie's, Annie took Dommie for me and I headed out to my Grandpa's house. It's a tradition in our family that all the grandkids go to my Grandpa's house and help decorate for Christmas. The girls put up the tree and all decorations in the house and the boys do the lights and nativity scene outside. I haven't gone in a few years, but I went again this year and I'm so glad I did. It was fun to spend time with the cousins and I think it meant a lot to my Grandpa. We got the house decorated and then my Grandpa made us all chocolate shakes. Yum!

We made plans to come back and make Christmas cookies at his house in December and I think he's excited about that too.

Last night, Nick and I did nothing but play with Dommie and watch Sunday night Football. It was great. A relaxing night to a LONG weekend!

(and in case you are wondering, I DID get up and go to spinning this morning!)

I hope everyone had a GREAT Thanksgiving weekend!! :)

No comments: