Monday, March 15, 2010

Dommie's First Road Trip

My sister and I both went to Incarnate Word Academy for high school. My sister used to coach basketball there. I used to coach basketball there. My sister still works there.

So when IWA made the State tournament for Basketball, we both really wanted to go. Their first game was Thursday afternoon at 3 pm in Columbia - about a one hour and forty five minute drive from our houses. So that wasn't going to work. We kept our fingers crossed for a victory and they got it. Yay!

So IWA was playing in the championship game on Saturday night. We decided to take the drive. We put an extra car seat in our Durango and piled us in. Angela, Andrew, Cecilia, Nick, Dominick and myself. Dommie's first road trip.

The kids were so cute on the drive there. They slept like little angels!


We went to Shakespeare's Pizza when we got to Columbia. A place I had never been but always heard about. Their pizza was delicious! (Yes, I definitely cheated on my diet this weekend!).

After dinner we hurried over to the Mizzou Arena for the big game. We took our seats (up VERY high) and watched. It was such a good game! IWA was losing at half time and we were nervous. But we didn't need to be. They came out strong in the second half and won the game! The kids actually watched the game. It was cute.




Our cousin, Julia, is a senior this year so we were so happy for her to get a State Championship ring. It was so exciting!

(Julia is #5)


I'm really glad we went. Dommie's first road trip was a success!

No comments: