Monday, March 29, 2010

Memory

Dominick amazes me every day. He is picking up on so much and he is so smart. He likes to play with my phone. A lot. If you give him a "fake" phone, or an old one without a battery, it's not fun because it doesn't make noise or light up. So I let Dom play with my phone a lot. He loves it. He will just walk around and talk and talk and talk. Then he puts it down and moves on to something else.

Sometimes I don't see where he puts it down and this makes me nervous. But so far, Dom has remembered where it was every time! All I have to do is ask.

"Dommie? Where is Mommy's phone?"

And he stops whatever he is doing and goes and finds it and brings it back with a big smile on his face.

Such a sweetheart.

He amazed me even more than that this morning.

I know Dom knows what a phone is, or what Mommy's phone is. He plays with it everyday. But this morning, I was finishing getting both him and I ready, when he wanted his socks out of my hand. I wadded them into a ball and gave them to him to play with until I was ready to go downstairs and put them on him along with his shoes. Well, when I was ready to go downstairs, Dom didn't have the socks in his hands anymore. 'Great' is what I was thinking. I have a hard enough time finding any two socks, let alone socks that match, so this was going to make us late. I started digging through laundry baskets with Dom just watching me and I couldn't find a single sock of his. Finally I turned to him and asked,

"Dommie, where are your socks?"

Well wouldn't you know it? Dom got up from the floor, walked over to the bathroom door and picked up the socks he had set by the tub. He brought them back to me and sat down for me to put them on his feet.

Are you kidding me?? When did my baby get so old? Or so smart?

I just need to come to terms with the fact that my baby is getting to be a big boy. And I'm so proud of him and so excited to see what tomorrow will bring.

No comments: