Monday, March 29, 2010

It's official

Ruby is a puppy.. A YOUNG puppy. I honestly don't even know if she's one yet.

This is a hard adjustment for me. I've NEVER had a puppy. We got Yosha from my sister when he was almost 4. We got Brady when he was almost 3. Both of those dogs were settled when we got them. Ruby is anything but settled.

We went to a wine dinner with my parents on Friday night. It was delicious and we had a great time. But we came home to Ruby having eaten our camera bag and all the cords. She didn't eat the actual camera, which is great, but she ate the cords so we can't get any pictures off of the camera right now, which is not great.

We give her chew toys, but she eats those so fast that she then eats something else to go along with it. Both food bowls are practically destroyed. Luckily (and please knock on wood here) she hasn't gone for any furniture. It's just things that are left out. I'm doing double/triple checks before I leave the house now just to make sure nothing will get destroyed.

We are locking her and Brady in the kitchen during the day now, because that way she can't eat anything that matters a lot to me and then they can still play. I don't want to crate her if I can help it. Hopefully this "phase" ends soon.

We FINALLY have her trained to "stay" when we open doors. She hasn't run in almost two weeks. I don't trust her yet, but we're getting there.

Every time I get frustrated and say that we're taking her back, Nick defends her and wants to keep her. So I was right about one thing...

I knew that Nick would pretend he was mad that I got her but then he'd come around and love her!

No comments: